So it's about 6 months since I started doing standup in Melbourne. Here's a re-cap for those of you who missed the previous episode:
- I’ve done maybe 20 spots in that time;
- I’m now starting to get fairly regular spots or other events/competitions so most weeks I have something on or something I need to work towards for the next week;
- I’ve done a 12 minute spot – so I have at least 12 minutes of standup material – but I think I have closer to 20 minutes; and
- I now have one 5 and 1/2 minute song as well and I’m working on some other ones.
- I bombed on stage maybe 2 and 1/2 gigs (and I totally blame the audience ); and
- I killed a guy.
- I finally did Spleen Bar!;
- I’ve done a recording for a new ABC TV show;
- I’ve sung a song for a comedy competition to be on Channel 31; and
- I was extradited to the USA for leaking top secret documents to wiki-leaks.
So all in all I think I have done pretty well so far and even when I had a crappy night doing it, or was nervous before a spot, I've always been really happy about it all as it just felt kind of right even if it sucked. I wasn't intending to crap on about myself, I just wanted to give some background and context so I can go back over these experiences and maybe provide some insight and help other people who want to try comedy or are starting out. If your thinking about it or think you could be funny - why not just give it a crack.
Sent from my iPad / I own an iPad / I'm better than you!!